Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 4 (5/22/2010): Sulayman Junkung General Hospital, Bwiam


Alieu studying the respiratory system.

David (the German missionary worker) and I with the quad at the Kanilai fire station.

One of the outfits worn at the Kanilai festival

The stadium where the celebrations and traditional rituals took place.

After returning to Bwiam, I continued to teach Saiko and Alieu. Mr. Badgie (Chief of the hospital) planned for my next journey to the Royal Victorian Teaching Hospital in Banjul. However, the scheduling got messed up and I will be leaving tomorrow (Sunday May 23) instead of this past Wednesday. In the meantime I was able to efficiently teach Saiko and Alieu Microsoft Office programs and I've been quizzing them daily on different biology topics. During the week I got to experience hunting for monkey, tasting monkey, quading at the President's town (Kanilai), seeing the traditional Kanilai festival, and dancing in part of the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment